Research & Documents
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
Federal Priorities: Cloud, Big Data, Mobility, and Data Centers, 2015-2020 (Oct 2015)
Deltek’s Federal Priorities: Cloud, Big Data, Mobility, and Data Centers, 2015-2020 report explores key trends in cloud, big data, mobility, and data centers that are transforming federal IT.
Deltek forecasts federal demand for vendor-furnished cloud computing services will increase from $2.4 billion in FY 2015 to $6.2 billion in FY 2020 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.4%. Similarly, Deltek forecasts federal demand for vendor-provided core big data solutions will increase from $1.6 billion in FY 2015 to $3.2 billion in FY 2020 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.4%.
Federal agencies are investing in cloud computing, big data, data center optimization and mobility solutions to fundamentally transform their IT environments, resulting in greater efficiency, better managed costs, and improved citizen services. With budget pressures easing in fiscal 2016 and 2017, agency investments in these areas show increased promise and represent growth opportunities for vendors with robust and secure solutions.
Significant factors shaping these technology areas:
- Cloud spending grew moderately in FY 2014, with civilian agencies moving to the cloud more aggressively than the Department of Defense.
- The number of FedRAMP certified cloud vendors grew, but at a slower-than-anticipated pace that is hampering cloud adoption.
- Agencies continue to lack enterprise strategies for employing big data solutions, limiting use of the technology to niche areas and pilot programs.
- By May of 2015, agencies had closed nearly 1,700 data centers, but in order to meet the FDCCI goal of closing 40% of non-core data centers, another 2,000 data centers still need to be closed.
- Agency mobility spending continues to be fragmented and decentralized. Reporting requirements are only just beginning to provide transparency into agency mobility usage and management.
- Security concerns remain a major barrier for broader mobility adoption, with agencies seeking a number of identity management and access solutions from industry.
Critical Insight for Vendors
Deltek’s Federal Priorities: Cloud, Big Data, Mobility, and Data Centers, 2015-2020 report takes a strategic 5-year view of the market factors shaping federal procurement of goods and services related to cloud computing, big data, mobility, and data center consolidation. This report is delivered in PowerPoint® format and includes an Executive Briefing and an Excel® workbook.
Win More Government Business with GovWinWith the support of GovWin's vast and experienced team of analysts, our Government Business Intelligence & Tools provide you qualified pre-RFP opportunities, analysis on agency budgets and priorities, insight into your competitor's business, potential partners, and key government & teaming contacts. Learn More & Sign Up for a Free Trial.
For questions, please contact us:
- Tel: (800) 456-2009
- Email: email@example.com.